Battle Of The Bands 2010
In November last year, the first CLIC Battle Of The Bands (BOTB) took place at the Ebbw Vale Institute.
A cold and wet Friday evening saw the five finalists play outstanding sets before a pogoing crowd of young music lovers.
There could be only one winner, and four lads from Penarth collectively known as Code One took the victors’ package of a week’s studio time working with top record producer Paul Durrant, as well as a professional photo shoot, their own personalised website and a run of demo CDs.
In true rock ‘n’ roll style, Code One split up soon after, which means ownership of the CLIC crown for Wales’ best unsigned band or artist is wide open.
It is with great pride, then, that we announce that the CLIC BOTB 2010 will take place at the Millennium Stadium on Saturday 18 September as part of Skills Cymru, Wales’ largest ever skills and careers event.
20,000 young people are expected to attend over the three days, which means a good portion of them will be present for BOTB on the Saturday.
Five finalists will take to the stage in the 250-capacity Presidents Lounge to be judged by a panel of industry experts. The winners will then play a 20-minute set on the main stage down on the stadium’s pitch in front of all event attendees.
As well as the title of CLIC BOTB champions, the winning act will also bag a list of prizes that will only grow as the date approaches, including:
- A week’s studio time with an established producer
- The recording and pressing of a demo in both CD and MP3 formats
- Digital distribution to 100+ outlets worldwide (including iTunes), courtesy of EmuBands
- A professional music video shoot with Seraphim Pictures
- A professional photo shoot by ALX MLS Photographic
- A professional website by Burning Red Studio
- Gig slots at Wales-wide CLIC events throughout the year
- A press release to go out with the demo
- An artist profile with pictures in CLICzine which is distributed to every school, college, university and youth provision in Wales
Entry is simple. Just email a link to your MySpace page to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do the rest.
Closing date for entries is Friday 30 July.
Remember to include a return email address if not the one you’re sending your MySpace link on.
Voting will take place online from Monday 2 to Tuesday 31 August.
Finalists will receive expenses for travel to and from the Millennium Stadium.