Urdd National Eisteddfod
This coming Sunday sees the start of the Urdd National Eisteddfod 2011, one of Europe’s largest cultural festivals.
With Swansea being the host county this year, the Eisteddfod is a celebration of the Welsh language and culture as well as a showcase of young, Welsh talent.
With competitions, live music stages, street theatre, stalls and exhibitions it’s a great day out for all ages.
CLIC will also be there all week - so please come and find us, say hello and pick up some freebies!
From the funfair to the art, design and technology exhibition... from the climbing wall to the cyber cafe... and from the numerous stalls selling crafts from Wales to the fantastic evening shows - there is something to suit everyone's tastes.
More information about field attractions and their locations can be found in the information leaflet at the main entrance of the Eisteddfod, and also on the plasma screens dotted around the site (the Maes), but here is a taste of what you can expect:
- Up to 200 stands, promoting Welsh services, products and produce
- Pentre Mistar Urdd, showcasing some of the Urdd's most popular activities including the climbing wall, trampoline and sports area
- Art, Design and Technology Exhibition
- The 'Cwtsh Cymraeg' offer workshops, taster sessions, and resources for Welsh learners
- Literary themed workshops and an exhibition of literary work at the Cwtsh Cymraeg
- Various workshops across the Maes including drumming and circus skills
- Drama, dance and music performances on the open air stage
- The Urdd Podcasting Group broadcasting daily from the Podcasting Caravan
- Land train
- Cyber cafe
- A wide choice of food and drink to suit everybody's taste
- First aid, wheelchairs, cash point and translating equipment
Gwennol Buses will carry people from Morriston Hospital to the festival site daily between about 9am-6pm. The number of the bus travelling to the hospital is the number 4 Metro, which starts in Singleton, through the city centre, past the stadium, and up to Morriston.
All the information you need is on the website, including accomodation, stewarding, events, getting there, competing and loads more.
Go to Eisteddfod Yr Urdd 2011 website for more details.
(SOURCE: Eisteddfod Yr Urdd website)